Oklahoma County Sheriff's Department
 |   |   |   |   |   |   | 
General Info:
(405) 713-1000

Administrative Services
Amber Alert Plan
C.R.A.S.H.S. Court
Detention Services
Field Services
Homeland Security
Inmate Mail Policy
Inmate Visitation Policy
Judicial Services
Law Enforcement Explorers
Most Wanted
O.C.S.O. Careers
Safe Zone
Sheriff Sales
Rollover Simulator

Oklahoma County Sherrif's Office -- Judicial Services

The Judicial Services Division’s primary duties include serving criminal warrants, subpoenas, civil process, victim protection orders, evictions, lock-outs, and lawsuit summons. This division is comprised of several deputies who are under the supervision of Captain Tim Luman and Lieutenant David Gregory.

The Judicial Services Division holds court ordered property sales which can prove to be a financial windfall for buying citizens. Judicial Services deputies often travel long distances across Oklahoma and the U.S. to extradite inmates back to Oklahoma County. More than 156,301 driving miles were logged by Judicial Services Deputies in 2006. To help cut down the costs of these trips the Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office has a contract agreement with a private transportation company to extradite out of state inmates, this helps cut the county’s costs by up to 50 percent each trip.

The Judicial Services Bureau combines the following units that work directly with the district courts and handle most of the court orders which are processed.

The following is a list of frequently asked question and answers to help assist you:

Civil Process

Q. What is the service fee for civil process?
A. The fee is $50.00

Q. Where do we mail civil process for service?
A. Sheriff John Whetsel, 201 N. Shartel, Oklahoma City, Ok, 73102. Attention Judicial Services.

Victim Protection Order

Q. How do I file a Victim Protection Order?
A. VPOs are filed through the Oklahoma County Court Clerk's office located at 320 Robert S. Kerr, Oklahoma City, Ok. Questions can be answered by calling (405) 713-1735.

Q. Where do I check for service status on a Victim Protection Order, or any process to be served by the Sheriff?
A. Call (405) 713-1030.

Q. How much does it cost to file a VPO?
A. There are no initial charges for filing the order. Court fees, if any, are assessed by the judge at the hearing.

Landlord Tenant Act

Q. What is the procedure for eviction according to the Landlord Tenant Act?
A. For a full description of the Oklahoma Landlord and Tenant Act go to the Oklahoma State Court Network website.

Q. How long before the deputy comes back for the lockout after posting?
A. Under normal circumstances we return in 48 hours to execute the lockout.

Oklahoma County Motorcycle Patrol
O.C.S.O. News

Oklahoma County  |  Administrative Services  |  Field Services  |  Judicial Services  |  News  |  Detention Services  |  Search  |  Home